…as Robert Smith
Robert Salazar is a Peruvian-American from Scranton, Pennsylvania. He graduated from Oberlin College with a double major in Theater and Comparative American Studies.
Robert recently wrapped the principal role of Ryan Page for the upcoming series Convergence. Robert’s other film credits include O.K. (A Scrapbook in Words and Pictures), Golden Smiles, and The Living End. In 2013, he wrote and directed the feature film White Walls, Dark Rooms.
Stage credits include work with several Chicago theatres including Jackalope, Halcyon, Citadel, Eclectic, and Piven. He’ll appear in the lead role of Dexter for Jackalope Theater’s production of Four at Theater on the Lake 2015.
Robert is also part of the central cast of ¡Qué Gente, Mi Gente!, a radio novela broadcasting over 600 radio stations internationally including a station in his Papa’s home of Arequipa, Peru.
In addition to acting, Robert writes/records guitar in the band Boo Baby and plays drums in a Neil Young cover band. For more video and music visit SalazarRobert.com.
We asked Robert a few questions about himself…
- What’s your favorite quote?: “Life can be a fruit bowl with my hand in.”
- If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?: “I’d be a corgi and more specifically I’d be one of Queen Elizabeth’s corgis.”
- What food can’t you live without?: “Guacamole.”
- Special talent: “Making guacamole.”
- If you were shipwrecked on an island and could only have three things, what would they be?: “A guitar, a drum set and an extra pair of glasses.”
- He also wants you to know that… “Most people don’t know I’m three corgis in an overcoat.”