…as Remedios Santiago
Karla is Mexican/ Peruvian. She graduated from Columbia College Chicago with a B.A. in fine arts. Karla has also received extensive theater trainingin the city of Mexico. In 2003, she founded Teatro Tariakuri making her the first Mexican American theater company to produce a full Spanish spoken production. Karla is also part of the central cast of ¡Qué Gente, Mi Gente!, interpreting Doña Remedios Santiago.
We asked Karla a few questions about herself…
- Do you have a nickname? “La Galvan”.
- Do you have any pets? “We have three doggies. Our youngest Daisy(grate dane), our middle doggie Bolillo (Pomeranian) , and our senior doggie Chiko (Dachshund).”
- If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why? “Wolf, they live in packs, and the female wolfs are matriarchs and leaders plus I love when they howl!!!”
- Where did you grow up? “North side of Chicago Logan Square.”
- What food can you not live without? “Hooters hot wings.”
- What’s your favorite quote? “Acting is the art of living truthfully in an imaginary circumstance.”
- If you could describe yourself in three words, what would they be? “Private, sentimental, and occasionally bipolar. Jejeje.”
- She also wants you to know…”I love spending time with my family, but most of all I love and miss riding my beautiful suski intruder!!! with my hubby!”
What secrets does Karla’s character have? Come check her out in Los Secretos de Santa Mónica to find out. And while you’ll there, she’ll show you the ups and downs of parenting.